Since 2007 participants in the Islandsbanki Reykjavik Marathon have been able to run for a good cause. More than 660 million ISK have been collected since the start. Over a hundred charities have benefited from these donations. The donations small and large have all been well appreciated by the charities and have been used on various projects for the good of those who need it. In the year 2017 118.583.717 ISK where donated to charities.
All further information about the Islandsbanki Reykjavik Marathon can be found on our website www.marathon.is/reykjavik-marathon. Registration for the race is also conducted through the website. For runners to be able to take part in the donation collection at hlaupastyrkur.is they will first have to register for the race at marathon.is.
Charities that have been legally established in Iceland with a board of directors and a kennitala (Icelandic Social Security number) can take part. Charities that use the kennitala or bank account of an individual cannot take part. The charities should have one of the following forms; NGO, self owned foundations or other non professional not for profit foundations. Charities that want to take part in the donation collection of the Islandsbanki Reykjavik Marathon should contact Reykjavik Marathon by sending email to email@example.com. The last day of charity registration is 3th of August 2018.
No cost is taken from the donations, the race titel sponsor, Íslandsbanki, pays the cost.
Questions about the donation collection of the Islandsbanki Reykjavik Marathon should be sent to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the Islandsbanki Reykjavik Marathon 2018 individuals can register for the following distances:
• Marathon (42,2 km)
• Half marathon (21,1 km)
• 10 km
• Fun RunHere
at hlaupastyrkur.is donations can be made to the charities of those runners who have chosen to run for a good cause.
For runners to be able to collect donations for a registered charity of their choice via hlaupastyrkur.is they first need to register for the Islandsbanki Reykjavik Marathon via marathon.is.
All further information about the Islandsbanki Reykjavik Marathon can be found on www.marathon.is/reykjavik-marathon as well as registration for the race.
Runners that are collecting donations for a charity via hlaupastyrkur.is can now form a running team where for an example coworkers, friends and families can collect donations together. Runners are registered as individuals but can tag themselves together in a running team that has a page where the team can post their photos, collection goal and reasons for participation.
What you need to know about the running teams:
- All registered runners on hlaupastyrkur.is can form a running team if they are logged in to hlaupastyrkur.is.
- Each runner can only be part of one running team.
- Each running team can have an unlimited number of team members.
- Runners in the same running team do not need to run for the same charity.
How do I form a running team?
- One runner will be the team captain and it is his job to form the group online, add text about the group and a picture.
- To form a running team the captain needs to log on to hlaupastyrkur.is with their username and password. At the bottom of the runners information page on hlaupastyrkur.is there is an option to form a running team.
- At the team captains information page there will be a list of everyone that has registered as a team member and the captain can erase those who do not belong in the team.
- The team captain cannot change the chosen charity of individual team members, their picture or other information.
How do I register myself as a member of a running team?
- The runner logs on to hlaupastyrkur.is with his username and password. On the bottom of your information page you can choose to join a running team from a list of all registered running teams.
- A runner can only be a member of one running team.
If you need any assistance send us an email to email@example.com.